Our Mission Statement
Embracing our community with open arms, love, respect and acceptance
We are a vibrant, progressive, boldly inclusive church.
We build bridges among our diverse communities, both locally and globally.
We seek to liberate the world by constantly transforming hearts and minds as Jesus did.
Metropolitan Community Churches are on a bold mission to transform hearts, lives, and history. MCC recognizes a state of need around the world in the areas of human rights and justice. As people of faith, we have a responsibility to act on behalf of those who cannot effect change on their own. We endeavor to build bridges that liberate and unite voices of sacred defiance.
We are a denomination that faithfully proclaims God’s inclusive love for all people and proudly bears witness to the holy integration of spirituality and sexuality. Just as Jesus did, we are called to:
* Do justice, show kindness, and live humbly with God. (Micah 6:8)
* Explore life’s questions with open hearts and minds.
* Raise our voices in sacred defiance against religious and political or systemic exclusion.
* Reach out to those with no hope.
* Lift up new generations of remarkable, far-reaching spiritual activists.